- PhD in Entomology, 2009 Auburn University Auburn, AL, USA
- MSc in Horticulture (area of concentration: plant pathology), 2005 University of Hannover, Hannover, Germany
- BSc in Agriculture (area of concentration: plant protection), 2002 Bogor Agricultural University, Bogor, Indonesia
- Agricultural officer, IPM
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- IRRI representative in Cambodia, Senior Scientist in Entomology
International Rice Research Institute, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. 2018 – 2020
- Scientist I/II, Entomology
International Rice Research Institute, Los Banos, Philippines. 2014 – 2017
- Pesticide Education and Urban Entomology Coordinator
South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD. 2012 – 2014
- Post-doctoral Associate
South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD. 2010 – 2011
- Graduate research and teaching assistant
Auburn University, Auburn AL. 2006 – 2010
Selected peer-reviewed Publications – Journal articles
- Sedlock, J.L., A.M. Stuart, F.G. Horgan, A.R. Hadi, A.C. Jacobson, P.A. Alviola, J.D.V. Alvarez. 2019. Local-Scale Bat Guild Activity Differs with Rice Growth Stage at Ground Level in the Philippines. Diversity 11(9), 148; https://doi.org/10.3390/d11090148.
- Castilla, N., A.M. Stuart, O. Makara, K. Sathya, S. Somany, V. Kumar, A.R. Hadi. 2019. Characterization of cropping practices, pest constraints, and yield variation in irrigated lowland rice of Cambodia. Crop Protection (in press). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cropro.2019.104906
- Cheythirith, C., N. Castilla, A.R. Hadi, T. Tanaka, S. Chiba, I. Sato. 2019. Rice blast management in Cambodian rice fields using Trichoderma harzianum and a resistant variety. Crop Protection (in press). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cropro.2019.104864
- Chhun, S., V. Kumar, R.J. Martin, A.R. Hadi. 2019. Weed management practices of smallholder farmers in Northwest Cambodia. Crop Protection (in press) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cropro.2019.04.017
- Flor, R.J., H. Maat, A.R. Hadi, T. Rathmuny, E. Kraus, K. Chhay. 2019. How do stakeholder interactions in Cambodian rice farming villages contribute to a pesticide lock-in? Crop Protection (in press). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cropro.2019.04.023
- Hung, X.B., B.A.R. Hadi, R. Oliva, N.E. Schroeder. 2019. Beneficial bacterial volatile compounds for the control of root-knot nematode and bacterial leaf blight on rice. Crop Protection (in press). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cropro.2019.04.016
- Shuman Goodier, M.E., M.I. Diaz, M.L. Almazan, G.R. Singleton, A.R. Hadi, C.R. Propper. 2019. Ecosystem hero and villain: Native frog consumes rice herbivores, while the invasive cane toad feasts on beneficial arthropods. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 279: 100-108. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agee.2019.04.008
- Flor, R.J., H. Maat, A.R. Hadi, V. Kumar and N. Castilla. 2019. Do field-level practices of Cambodian farmers prompt a pesticide lock-in? Field Crops Research 234: 68-78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fcr.2019.02.019
- Settele, J., K.L. Heong, I. Kühn, …, A.R. Hadi, et al. 2018. Rice ecosystem services in South-east Asia. Paddy Water Environ 16: 211. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10333-018-0656-9
- Lakitan, B., A.R. Hadi, S. Herlinda, E. Siaga, L.I. Widuri, K. Kartika, L. Lindiana, Y. Yunindyawati, M. Meihana. 2018. Recognizing farmers’ practices and constraints for intensifying rice production at riparian wetlands in Indonesia. NJAS 85: 10-20.
- Flor R.J., Chhay, K., Sorn, V., Maat, H., and Hadi, B.A.R. 2018. The technological trajectory of Integrated Pest Management for rice in Cambodia. Sustainability 10: 1732; DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.3390/su10061732.
- Hadi, B.A.R., C.P.F. Garcia, and K.L. Heong. 2015. Susceptibility of Nilaparvata lugens (Hemipteran: Delphacidae) populations in the Philippines to insecticides. Crop Prot. 76:100-102.
Selected Books, book chapters and technical reports
- Chivinge P., O. Angeles, B.A.R. Hadi, …. 2020. Ecosystem services in paddy rice systems. In Rushinamhodzi, L. (ed). The Role of Ecosystem Services in Sustainable Food Systems. Academic Press.
- Heinrichs, E.A., F. Nwiline, M. Stout, B.A.R. Hadi, and F. Thais. 2017. Rice insect pests and their management. Burleigh-Dodds.
- Bogdanski, A., Attwood, S., DeClerck, F., DeClerck, R., Hadi, B.A.R, Horgan, F., Rutsaert, P., Turmel, M.-S., and R. van Dis. 2016. Shedding light on the invisible links within eco-agri-food-systems: A narrative review of literature on how agricultural management can influence the positive and negative impacts of rice farming. FAO, project report for The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity (TEEB) global initiative for Agriculture and Food.
- Van Dis, R., Bogdanski, A., Gemmill-Herren, B., Attwood, S., DeClerck, F., DeClerck, R., Hadi, B.A.R., Horgan, F., Rutsaert, P., Turmel, M.-S., Garibaldi, L. 2016. Counting the costs and benefits of rice farming: A trade-off analysis among different types of agricultural management. FAO, project report for The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity (TEEB) global initiative for Agriculture and Food.