- Ph.D. in Weed Science, HUJ, 1976;
- M.Sc. in Weed Science, HUJ, 1971 (Magna cum Laude)
- B.Sc., Faculty of Agriculture, Hebrew University of Jerusalem (HUJ), 1969
- Jacob & Rachel Liss Chair in Agronomy and Weed Science- 1999 till present
- Professor of Weed Science – 1995
- Associate Professor of Weed Science – 1989
- Lecturer – 1978
- Senior Lecturer – 1984
- Instructor – 1974
- Assistant in Weed Science – 1969-1974
Main Research Interests
Behavior and environmental fate of herbicides in plant, soil and ecosystems; Physiology and biochemistry of herbicide action (selectivity); Herbicide resistance in plants and weeds, including transgenic crops; Environmentally safe herbicide formulations. Weed biology and ecology; Integrated weed management (IWM) in field and horticultural crops. Herbicide and the. Reduced herbicides input in agriculture.
- At the Faculty of Agr. – Teaching 4 courses in Wee Science to under- and post-graduate students.
- Teaching FAO International Course in Herbicide Resistance in Weeds and Crops. University of San Paulo, Jaboticabal, Brazil (1997)
- Teaching in a course “Use of Herbicides in Modern Agriculture: – university of Cordoba, Spain (1999)
- More than 55 M.Sc. and. Ph.D. students conducted their theses under my supervision. At present, 3 Post-doctoral fellows, 7 Ph.D. and 9 M.Sc. students are working in the group.
- 1976-1978 Research Associate and Post Doctoral Fellow, Dept. Crop and Soil Sci. and Dept. of Botany and Plant Pathol., MSU, East Lansing, Michigan, USA.
- 1982-present Member, Editorial Board of “Phytoparasitica”
- 1983-1984 On Sabbatical Leave: Res. Biochemist – Pesticide Chemistry and Toxicology Laboratory, Dept. of Entomology, UC, Berkeley, California, USA.
- 1984 Teaching International Course in Weed Science, INIA, Mexico.
- 1984-1988 President, Weed Science Society of Israel.
- 1987-present Member, Advisory Committee for Herbicides Registration, Ministry of Agriculture, Israel.
- 1989-1990 Visiting Professor, Dept. Agricultural Sci., University of Bristol, AFRC Institute of Arable Crops Research, Long Ashton Research Station, Long Ashton, Bristol, England.
- 1990-present Member, Senate of The HUJ.
- 1991-1994 Head, Research Committee, Fac. of Agric., HUJ.
- 1990-1993 HUJ Committee for Long-Term Planning of Studies and Research in Environmental Sciences.
- 1991-1995 Vice President and Member of the Executive Committee, MESAEP – Mediterranean Scientific Association of Environmental Protection.
- 1995 – 1996 Visiting Professor, On Sabbatical Leave in The Bio-Science Section Physiology, Zeneca Agrochemicals, Jealott’s Hill Research Station, Bracknell, Berkshire, UK.
- 1996-present Member, Editorial Board -J. Environmental Sci. and Health – Part B.
- 1996-1999 Chairman, Scientific Program Committee – 14th International Plant Protection Congress, Jerusalem, 1999.
- 1996-present Chairman, Division of External Studies , Faculty of Agric., Food & Environm. Sci., HUJI, Israel.
- 1997-present Member, Japan-Israel Committee, co-operation in Plant Protection.
- 1996-present FAO consultant, IPM (integrated Pest Management).
- 1996-present Member, EHRWG – European Herbicide Resistance Working Group
- 1997 Teaching FAO International Course in Herbicide Resistance in Weeds and Crops. University of San Paulo, Jaboticabal, Brazi.l
- 1999-present Vice President, IAPPS – International Association of Plant Protection Sciences.
- WSSI – Weed Science Society of Israel.
- WSSA – Weed Science Society of America.
- EWRS – European Weed Research Society.
- IWSS – International Weed Science Society.
- MESAEP – Mediterranean Scientific Association of Environmental Protection
- IAPPS – International Association of Plant Protection Sciences.